So... BOLTON

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Re: So... BOLTON

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Derby have sealed their 3pts. 3-0
Div III. Call it what it is.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

I'll happily take that draw :thumb
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Mickemo »

1-1 excellent point.

We are extremely difficult to beat, yes we rode our luck but we’ve been on the wrong side of luck this season.

Very very close now!
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Guess we would have taken that before the game, shame derby won, onwards and upwards
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

My maths is terrible... I think we need a single point now to guarantee promotion right?
I am me, the universe and you.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by phat_chris »

Pompski! wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:03 pm My maths is terrible... I think we need a single point now to guarantee promotion right?
Correct. 1 point for promotion. 2 to be champions.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompski! wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:03 pm My maths is terrible... I think we need a single point now to guarantee promotion right?
Yes.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:50 pm
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:28 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:24 pm
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:03 pm As things stand and according to my shaky math, we need 2 more pts to be Champs and 1 more pt for auto promotion
I think that as it stands with us us drawing we would need 2 points for promotion. That is because of goal difference, with us being plus 2 on Bolton. Should Bolton draw level on points with us you would assume that they would have a better goal difference.
Yes correct.
No wait...hang on....its 1 pt needed. If they win out and we lose all 3 they will be level on points with a better GD so only 1 pt needed for auto promotion (I think)
Yes but if Bolton win all their games and we lose all of ours both clubs would be on 91 points. As it stands we have a 2 goal better goal advantage but if we lose all our games that would, obviously, erode our goal difference. Also it is safe to say that with Bolton winning every game left their goal difference would be enhanced. If we get two more points that puts us out of Bolton's reach at 93 points. Getting three more points would also take us beyond Derby's reach and deliver the League One Championship. So just one win and it's all ours.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Oh to be there Tuesday under the floodlights, if we win wander if crowd will be able to resist a pitch invasion !
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by phat_chris »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:21 pm
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:03 pm As things stand and according to my shaky math, we need 2 more pts to be Champs and 1 more pt for auto promotion
I think that as it stands with us us drawing we would need 2 points for promotion. That is because of goal difference, with us being plus 2 on Bolton. Should Bolton draw level on points with us you would assume that they would have a better goal difference.
Yes correct.
No wait...hang on....its 1 pt needed. If they win out and we lose all 3 they will be level on points with a better GD so only 1 pt needed for auto promotion (I think)
Yes but if Bolton win all their games and we lose all of ours both clubs would be on 91 points. As it stands we have a 2 goal better goal advantage but if we lose all our games that would, obviously, erode our goal difference. Also it is safe to say that with Bolton winning every game left their goal difference would be enhanced. If we get two more points that puts us out of Bolton's reach at 93 points. Getting three more points would also take us beyond Derby's reach and deliver the League One Championship. So just one win and it's all ours.
Not quite. Bolton can only achieve a maximum of 91 points so 1 point puts us out of their reach. Derby can only achieve a maximum of 92 points so 2 points puts us out of their reach.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Whinging trotter fans going on about us having so many penalty awards this season and how refs are favouring us, they deserve to be in the play offs. Hopefully we won’t see them in the Champs talk about sore losers Derby runners up to deserved champions Pompey, without any favours from refs. Hopefully Oxford United will put them in their place in the play offs.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

phat_chris wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:35 pm
Yes correct.
Not quite. Bolton can only achieve a maximum of 91 points so 1 point puts us out of their reach. Derby can only achieve a maximum of 92 points so 2 points puts us out of their reach.

Yes, you are right. One more point gives us 92 points while Bolton can only achieve 91 points. I stand corrected. I think I have been looking at the table too much and fearing the worst.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:46 pm
Yes correct.

Yes, you are right. One more point gives us 92 points while Bolton can only achieve 91 points. I stand corrected. I think I have been looking at the table too much and fearing the worst.
It's 93 if Jack Sparkes plays. :rofl
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:54 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:46 pm
Yes correct.

It's 93 if Jack Sparkes plays. :rofl
Tee hee, you are so witty.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

My God, the atmosphere on Tuesday should be immense.
Super Matt Macey in goal...