Hollywood FC

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Hollywood FC

Post by Pompey55 »

Is it just me but is anyone else getting bored with the national media love affair with Wrexham
Yes the owners have succeeded in getting them into league one but at what cost and what happens when Disney+ lose interest
They have bought their way to the top in an unsustainable manner racking up loses of £4.5 million last season with the majority of the money on the club as debt unlike our owners with equity
Will be interesting to see the accounts for this season with regard to FFP. And now they are up next season the players they paid massive wages to join them will have reached the natural level
I don't doubt the enthusiasm of the owners but just don't think it's sustainable as it is and the media hype is getting boring
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Hollywood FC

Post by NSRailings »

The national media is generally rubbish anyway - got to get those views/clicks/likes so they'll latch onto Ryan Reynolds and a shot of him every so often :roll: I haven't taken much notice of Wrexham since they were promoted into the EFL but the whole thing is contrived. Wrexham are a big club anyway - I'd be happier if they'd bought Gosport or a similar club to try and build them up. It seems unfair to be giving them international exposure on Disentry+
The Premier League is particularly nauseating as the commentators and pundits tend to kiss **** (Stevie Geeeeee).

I hope our owners keep us self-sustaining as much as possible. They seem to believe in working smarter rather than chucking money at things and hoping. Getting Mousinho in was a big gamble but they've chosen the right balance this season with the coaching staff and most of the players :thumb
Super Matt Macey in goal...
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Hollywood FC

Post by richisbradders »

It will be interesting how they handle league 1, it is a fair jump up in level and to continue with how they have progressed this far to date they will have to buy decent championship players or quality veteran premier league guys to walk this league. That certainly won’t come cheap and also doesn’t guarantee you success.