Jamal Lowe

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Jamal Lowe

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Just saw the interview on Pompey Player. He seems a very pleasant and confident young chap. I wonder how long it will take him to get up to fitness for league football. Getting a place on the bench won't be easy with all the strikers we have at present, as I think has been mentioned on another thread.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: Jamal Lowe

Post by Selsey Bill »

Berkshire Blue wrote:Just saw the interview on Pompey Player. He seems a very pleasant and confident young chap. I wonder how long it will take him to get up to fitness for league football. Getting a place on the bench won't be easy with all the strikers we have at present, as I think has been mentioned on another thread.
Just seen it myself. Comes across very well indeed.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

We have many strikers..... but can they hit the net regularly? If Jamal can, then he'll get a chance, I'm sure.

He could start with penalty taking
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Selsey Bill wrote:
Berkshire Blue wrote:Just saw the interview on Pompey Player. He seems a very pleasant and confident young chap. I wonder how long it will take him to get up to fitness for league football. Getting a place on the bench won't be easy with all the strikers we have at present, as I think has been mentioned on another thread.
The pics of him on the Web Site - either the camera has a forshortening effect on him or he is a bit small, has a sort of Connor Chaplin look in terms of size? Haven't seen his stats - height, weight etc. Anyone have that data?
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

He is 22 and his height is 1.83 metres which I think makes him just over 6 feet tall. I don't know his weight.

He scored 23 goals in 31 appearances for Hampton.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Berkshire Blue wrote:He is 22 and his height is 1.83 metres which I think makes him just over 6 feet tall. I don't know his weight.

He scored 23 goals in 31 appearances for Hampton.
Thanks for that BB - appreciated. Not sure his goals for Hampton will mean much in Division 2 (if he plays) but at least he knows where the net is....
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:
The pics of him on the Web Site - either the camera has a forshortening effect on him or he is a bit small, has a sort of Connor Chaplin look in terms of size? Haven't seen his stats - height, weight etc. Anyone have that data?
I watched him warming up with the rest of the squad before the start of the Luton game on Monday, and he is quite slight. Looked a similar build to Kal Naismith but a similar height to Gareth Evans - looks about 6ft tall? He had three shots at goal and all three hit the back of the onion bag
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Doesn't look to be that easily pushed off the ball or bullied.
[youtube][/youtube]
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Looks useful, despite the opposition being non league... he might get himself kicked off the park a few times early on by L2 defenders.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

True, but I can't imagine the defenders in lower leagues are any more friendly. From Sunday league experiences, if anything I'd expect it to be worse the lower down the leagues you go.
uspompeyfan wrote:... he might get himself kicked off the park a few times early on by L2 defenders.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.