New Year's Resolution -

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

New Year's Resolution -

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

to come and play on here more often. I've been really remiss in the last year, although I have taken a peak from time to time but there's just too much about football (how very dare you post about football on a football board) plus my love affair with the game is over. Haven't been to a match this season. Too much money for me now that I don't work, too much money for the players and too much wasted time watching uninspiring football under our new manager.

Anyway, I shall call in next year and throw some other subjects into the mix but it the meantime wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2017 xx
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: New Year's Resolution -

Post by Selsey Bill »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:to come and play on here more often. I've been really remiss in the last year, although I have taken a peak from time to time but there's just too much about football (how very dare you post about football on a football board) plus my love affair with the game is over. Haven't been to a match this season. Too much money for me now that I don't work, too much money for the players and too much wasted time watching uninspiring football under our new manager.

Anyway, I shall call in next year and throw some other subjects into the mix but it the meantime wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2017 xx
Merry Christmas Ziggy! I'm loathe to admit it but I thought you looked quite good on Sunday, though admittedly Bournemouth looked bang average.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

20 sheets down the Fratton end.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Selsey Bill wrote:
Ziggy Sawdust wrote:to come and play on here more often. I've been really remiss in the last year, although I have taken a peak from time to time but there's just too much about football (how very dare you post about football on a football board) plus my love affair with the game is over. Haven't been to a match this season. Too much money for me now that I don't work, too much money for the players and too much wasted time watching uninspiring football under our new manager.

Merry Christmas Ziggy! I'm loathe to admit it but I thought you looked quite good on Sunday.
Thanks Bill. Been a while since someone's said that to me.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

A very merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too, Ziggy!

And the same to everyone else on the board!

Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Okay then, due to its recent mini-revival, I'll resolve to give it another year before I turn off the life support machine.

If anyone else can think of anything they'd like on here that could make it more interesting, then let me know. Would a revamp be good? Maybe build it in Wordpress and have a proper section for match reports etc? Or am I throwing time away that I could be using elsewhere?
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

RubiconCSL wrote:Okay then, due to its recent mini-revival, I'll resolve to give it another year before I turn off the life support machine.

If anyone else can think of anything they'd like on here that could make it more interesting, then let me know. Would a revamp be good? Maybe build it in Wordpress and have a proper section for match reports etc? Or am I throwing time away that I could be using elsewhere?
Do you get many views?
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

RubiconCSL wrote:If anyone else can think of anything they'd like on here that could make it more interesting, then let me know...
Free beer?
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

RubiconCSL wrote:Okay then, due to its recent mini-revival, I'll resolve to give it another year before I turn off the life support machine.

Were you going to close it down then? That would be such a shame. Will redouble efforts now.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Were you going to close it down then? That would be such a shame. Will redouble efforts now.
I agree and me too, but at times all you can see on here is tumble weed.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well I was beginning to wonder if it was worth it being here. A few people seem to amble past and kick the tyres now and then, the occasional traffic warden stops by to apply a parking ticket and I won't even describe what Pomp gets up to with the exhaust pipe. The Cindci Kid drops by to check the radio still plays Boston's More than a Feeling at full volume. But it seldom seems to be driven all that far. It doesn't exactly cost me anything to leave it here though I guess. So maybe I'll leave the battery on charge for another year or so.
Ziggy Sawdust wrote:

Were you going to close it down then? That would be such a shame. Will redouble efforts now.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

RubiconCSL wrote:Well I was beginning to wonder if it was worth it being here. A few people seem to amble past and kick the tyres now and then, the occasional traffic warden stops by to apply a parking ticket and I won't even describe what Pomp gets up to with the exhaust pipe. The Cindci Kid drops by to check the radio still plays Boston's More than a Feeling at full volume. But it seldom seems to be driven all that far. It doesn't exactly cost me anything to leave it here though I guess. So maybe I'll leave the battery on charge for another year or so.
Ziggy Sawdust wrote:

Don't you dare close this board down :!:
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

You all know I have modest tastes as befits a man of impeccable breeding and underwear, but I feel that there might be a place for those souls who have a penchant for self- flaggulation which would meet the growing demands of miserable old gits.....I would remind everyone that 'gits' have feelings, they're not just for Christmas and in many instances are misunderstood.

Then possibly install a play pen for the posters who intone the fatal drone of 'we'll win the next 4 games' - a mantra that perished on the bonfire of desire many moons ago, even before Milkins became enamoured of the badger. Needless to say, our head honcho far from being a long haired lover from Liverpool, should be forbidden access to the Press and BFTG should be in the safe hands of this MB which will give us a less jaundiced account of what actually happened on the greensward on match day rather than a hysterical tirade of rubbish about the referee.

Lastly, this MB will continue to flourish, given its' eclectic bent of the foreign legion of ex pats and the sparkling repartee / discourse that crackles between the very welcome Scummers now fully tamed and ne'er a feral interloper among them, even though one of them lives in Liphook....yes I know I know, rather like living in Weybridge and claiming allegiance to Manure.

A note to our Fuhrer - your suggestion of having a Poets Corner in Polish would, I feel, not be well received given that her name - Very Kopaloadothat, would be deemed inappropriate by the more sensitive members of this MB and might promote an unpleasant arousal more associated with Hayling Hotpants.....
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:Well I was beginning to wonder if it was worth it being here. A few people seem to amble past and kick the tyres now and then, the occasional traffic warden stops by to apply a parking ticket and I won't even describe what Pomp gets up to with the exhaust pipe. The Cindci Kid drops by to check the radio still plays Boston's More than a Feeling at full volume. But it seldom seems to be driven all that far. It doesn't exactly cost me anything to leave it here though I guess. So maybe I'll leave the battery on charge for another year or so.
Ziggy Sawdust wrote:

Don't you dare close this board down :!:
What he said.

It's not as busy as once it was, certainly, but if it doesn't cost you anything, then just let it be, until such time as it gets no new posts in a week.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Locky_McLockface wrote:It's not as busy as once it was, certainly, but if it doesn't cost you anything, then just let it be, until such time as it gets no new posts in a week.
2016 has been a rubbish year so its nice see some of us old gits show some life on here. We been doing this since Paul Merson wore the Royal Blue and 606 so coming up for 15 years. bl**dy hell.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.